From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "rongrong100@..." <rongrong100@...>
Date: Monday, November 18, 2019 at 12:48 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: [presto-tsc] Nominating Leiqing as new committer

I want to nominate Leiqing (github: caithagoras) as a committer for Presto. Leiqing started working on Presto about 2 years ago. Recently he has become an expert in release verification and led the effort on improving verifier and release process. He has contributed 128 commits so far. Here's stats from Github:

129 commits  20,597 ++  10,766 --

Please voice your opinions and cast your vote by end of this week (Friday 11/22/19).

Shixuan Fan

+1
Leiqing has shown expertise in verifier revamp and given his current work on SQL function, I think he should be eligible.
To James's point, if we cannot agree on the committer nomination, we should at least make him an incubating committer (do we have a formal process on this?).
It feels kind of awkward to vote on the first work day after becoming a committer =/

Wenlei Xie

Agreed with Shixuan.