From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "Tim Meehan via lists.prestodb.io" <tdm=fb.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 8:49 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: [presto-tsc] Github Status Checks

Hello,

As mentioned in the TSC meeting today, I’d like to enable the Github status checks requirement to the master branch, which means status checks must pass before a PR can be merged.  This is to prevent accidental merge of a failing test into the master branch, or to prevent known failing tests from affecting other PRs.  If there’s unrelated flaky tests, then the idea is we should fix these tests or mark them as disabled.

Documentation on Github status checks are here: https://docs.github.com/en/github/administering-a-repository/about-protected-branches#require-status-checks-before-merging

Please give this a +1 if you agree that code should not be merged with known test failures.

Thanks

Tim

Andrii Rosa

+1

Although it still feels like we should +1 this one: https://github.community/t/ability-to-rerun-just-a-single-job-in-a-workflow/17234 =)

On Wed, May 5, 2021 at 9:05 AM Maria Basmanova via lists.prestodb.io <mbasmanova=fb.com@...> wrote:

+1

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "Tim Meehan via lists.prestodb.io" <tdm=fb.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 4, 2021 at 8:49 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

Hello,

As mentioned in the TSC meeting today, I’d like to enable the Github status checks requirement to the master branch, which means status checks must pass before a PR can be merged.  This is to prevent accidental merge of a failing test into the master branch, or to prevent known failing tests from affecting other PRs.  If there’s unrelated flaky tests, then the idea is we should fix these tests or mark them as disabled.

Documentation on Github status checks are here: https://docs.github.com/en/github/administering-a-repository/about-protected-branches#require-status-checks-before-merging

Please give this a +1 if you agree that code should not be merged with known test failures.

Thanks

Tim

James Petty

+1

rongrong100@...

On Tue, May 4, 2021 at 5:49 PM Tim Meehan via lists.prestodb.io <tdm=fb.com@...> wrote:

Hello,

As mentioned in the TSC meeting today, I’d like to enable the Github status checks requirement to the master branch, which means status checks must pass before a PR can be merged.  This is to prevent accidental merge of a failing test into the master branch, or to prevent known failing tests from affecting other PRs.  If there’s unrelated flaky tests, then the idea is we should fix these tests or mark them as disabled.

Documentation on Github status checks are here: https://docs.github.com/en/github/administering-a-repository/about-protected-branches#require-status-checks-before-merging

Please give this a +1 if you agree that code should not be merged with known test failures.

Thanks

Tim

Bin Fan

+1

Bin Fan

--
Bin Fan from phone

James (Mingming) Xu

From:Tim Meehan via lists.prestodb.io <tdm=fb.com@...>
Sent At:2021 May 5 (Wed.) 08:52

Hello,

As mentioned in the TSC meeting today, I’d like to enable the Github status checks requirement to the master branch, which means status checks must pass before a PR can be merged.  This is to prevent accidental merge of a failing test into the master branch, or to prevent known failing tests from affecting other PRs.  If there’s unrelated flaky tests, then the idea is we should fix these tests or mark them as disabled.

Documentation on Github status checks are here: https://docs.github.com/en/github/administering-a-repository/about-protected-branches#require-status-checks-before-merging

Please give this a +1 if you agree that code should not be merged with known test failures.

Thanks

Tim

Tim Meehan

Hello,

As we have all related company’s voting members of the TSC submitting their vote in favor, voting is now concluded and we’ll enable the status checks shortly.  Thank you!

Tim