Nominating Bin Fan as a Committer

jamessun@...

Dear TSC members,

Bin Fan from Alluxio has been contributing to Presto community in the past 10 months. Here, I nominate Bin as a committer with supporting docs listed below. Per the TSC charter "A Contributor may become a Committer by a majority approval of the existing Committers.", therefore, each TSC member has one vote to cast. Please reply with +1/-1 if you approve/disapprove onboarding Bin as a committer.

===== Bin's contributions to the Presto Community =====

Merged Pull Requests to Presto Source Code:

Major contribution:

Other pull requests:

Presto related tutorial or blogs:

Presto related public presentations:

Community service:

  • Presto outreach committee (2020)
  • Assisting users on Presto slack channels

Wenlei Xie

+1 after skimming through several PR and reviewing the design/implementation challenges.

I would also like to thank Bin (together with Rohit and James) for making RaptorX happen. This brings the latency of shared-nothing architecture (Raptor) to the disaggregated storage architecture (RaptorX with Hive Connector) via carefully engineered cache (Alluxio).

--
Best Regards,
Wenlei Xie (谢文磊)

Email: wenlei.xie@...

Shixuan Fan

+1. I’ve been working with Bin actively and would vouch for Bin. Alluxio integration makes RaptorX effort much easier, and there are more features like cache quota to come :)

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "jamessun via lists.prestodb.io" <jamessun=fb.com@...>
Date: Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 3:15 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

Dear TSC members,

Bin Fan from Alluxio has been contributing to Presto community in the past 10 months. Here, I nominate Bin as a committer with supporting docs listed below. Per the TSC charter "A Contributor may become a Committer by a majority approval of the existing Committers.", therefore, each TSC member has one vote to cast. Please reply with +1/-1 if you approve/disapprove onboarding Bin as a committer.

===== Bin's contributions to the Presto Community =====

Merged Pull Requests to Presto Source Code:

Major contribution:

Other pull requests:

Presto related tutorial or blogs:

Presto related public presentations:

Community service:

  • Presto outreach committee (2020)
  • Assisting users on Presto slack channels

Leiqing Cai

+1

Leiqing

<rongrong100@...>于2020年10月12日 周一下午12:24写道:

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "jamessun via lists.prestodb.io" <jamessun=fb.com@...>
Date: Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 3:15 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

Dear TSC members,

Bin Fan from Alluxio has been contributing to Presto community in the past 10 months. Here, I nominate Bin as a committer with supporting docs listed below. Per the TSC charter "A Contributor may become a Committer by a majority approval of the existing Committers.", therefore, each TSC member has one vote to cast. Please reply with +1/-1 if you approve/disapprove onboarding Bin as a committer.

===== Bin's contributions to the Presto Community =====

Merged Pull Requests to Presto Source Code:

Major contribution:

Other pull requests:

Presto related tutorial or blogs:

Presto related public presentations:

Community service:

  • Presto outreach committee (2020)
  • Assisting users on Presto slack channels

venki.korukanti@...

+1

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "venkik via lists.prestodb.io" <venkik=uber.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 10:43 AM
To: Leiqing Cai <caithagoras@...>
Cc: Rongrong <rongrong100@...>, James Sun <jamessun@...>, Shixuan Fan <shixuan@...>, "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [presto-tsc] Nominating Bin Fan as a Committer

<rongrong100@...>20201012 周一下午12:24写道:

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "jamessun via lists.prestodb.io" <jamessun=fb.com@...>
Date: Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 3:15 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

Dear TSC members,

Bin Fan from Alluxio has been contributing to Presto community in the past 10 months. Here, I nominate Bin as a committer with supporting docs listed below. Per the TSC charter "A Contributor may become a Committer by a majority approval of the existing Committers.", therefore, each TSC member has one vote to cast. Please reply with +1/-1 if you approve/disapprove onboarding Bin as a committer.

===== Bin's contributions to the Presto Community =====

Merged Pull Requests to Presto Source Code:

Major contribution:

  • More details in the design & Implementation Challenges: slides

Other pull requests:

Presto related tutorial or blogs:

Presto related public presentations:

Community service:

  • Presto outreach committee (2020)
  • Assisting users on Presto slack channels

zluo@...

+1

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 8:18 AM rschlussel via lists.prestodb.io <rschlussel=fb.com@...> wrote:

+1

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "venkik via lists.prestodb.io" <venkik=uber.com@...>

Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 10:43 AM

To: Leiqing Cai <caithagoras@...>

Cc: Rongrong <rongrong100@...>, James Sun <jamessun@...>, Shixuan Fan <shixuan@...>, "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

<presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "jamessun via

lists.prestodb.io" <jamessun=fb.com@...>

Date: Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 3:15 PM

To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

[...]

Nezih Yigitbasi

Thank you all. We have a majority approval here and we can conclude the vote. Congrats, Bin!

Nezih

Brian Warner <bwarner@...>

Certainly. Congratulations, Bin!

Best,
Brian

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 10:12 PM, Nezih Yigitbasi via lists.prestodb.io nezihy=fb.com@... wrote:
Thank you all. We have a majority approval here and we can conclude the vote. Congrats, Bin!

Nezih

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171

Dipti Borkar

Congrats Bin! 👍

- Dipti

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 3:12 PM Nezih Yigitbasi via lists.prestodb.io <nezihy=fb.com@...> wrote:
Thank you all. We have a majority approval here and we can conclude the vote. Congrats, Bin!

Nezih

--

Dipti Borkar
Cofounder & Chief Product Officerahana.io
C: 408-512-3394 | T: @dborkar

Girish Baliga

Congrats, Bin!

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 10:39 AM Dipti Borkar <dipti@...> wrote:
Congrats Bin! 👍

- Dipti

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 3:12 PM Nezih Yigitbasi via lists.prestodb.io <nezihy=fb.com@...> wrote:
Thank you all. We have a majority approval here and we can conclude the vote. Congrats, Bin!

Nezih

--

Dipti Borkar
Cofounder & Chief Product Officerahana.io
C: 408-512-3394 | T: @dborkar

yu.dong@...

Congrats, Bin!

Regards,

Yu

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "Girish Baliga via lists.prestodb.io" <baliga=uber.com@...>
Date: Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 10:45 AM
To: Dipti Borkar <dipti@...>
Cc: Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>, Bin Fan <binfan@...>, <presto-tsc@...>

Congrats, Bin!

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 10:39 AM Dipti Borkar <dipti@...> wrote:

Congrats Bin! 👍

- Dipti

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 3:12 PM Nezih Yigitbasi via lists.prestodb.io <nezihy=fb.com@...> wrote:

Thank you all. We have a majority approval here and we can conclude the vote. Congrats, Bin!

Nezih

--

Dipti Borkar
Cofounder & Chief Product Officerahana.io
C: 408-512-3394 | T: @dborkar

Bin Fan

Thank everyone for your support!
This is a great honor for me.
Moving forward, I could work more closely with TSC members
to make more contributions to the community!

Best,

- Bin

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 1:12 PM Dong, Yu <yu.dong@...> wrote:

Congrats, Bin!