Nominating Venki Korukanti as a Committer

Nezih Yigitbasi

Hey everyone,

Venki (GitHub handle: vkorukanti) has been contributing to the PrestoDB community as a probationary committer since Feb. Here is a highlight of his contributions:

- Commits: 31 commits 8,778 ++ 802 --
- Major features
- vectorized parquet reader
- nested column project and filter pushdown for Parquet (in collaboration with Zhenxiao @ Twitter)
- Bug fixes in various areas: planning, execution, and subfield pushdown
- Community
- code reviews and helping users with Parquet/Hive related issues
- Presto meetup talk (Oct 17, 2019)
- Encouraging and providing guidance to Uber Presto/Data team members to contribute to PrestoDB and helps the community grow

Per the TSC charter "A Contributor may become a Committer by a majority approval of the existing Committers.", therefore, each TSC member has one vote to cast. Please reply with +1/-1 if you approve/disapprove onboarding Venki as a committer.

Thanks!
Nezih

zluo@...

+1

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 10:26 AM nezihy via lists.prestodb.io <nezihy=fb.com@...> wrote:
[...]

jamessun@...

Personally, I would love to observe at least another larger PR to show Venki is ready for committership. The major reason behind is due to the design on https://github.com/prestodb/presto/pull/14834 and https://github.com/prestodb/presto/pull/15140. These two PRs to me feel a bit more design flaws.

Thanks

James

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "zluo via lists.prestodb.io" <zluo=twitter.com@...>
Date: Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 12:00 AM
To: Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>
Cc: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [presto-tsc] Nominating Venki Korukanti as a Committer

[...]

Just realized I got the wrong person. Re-checked the Venki’s PRs. I’m supportive.

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "jamessun via lists.prestodb.io" <jamessun=fb.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 11:20 AM
To: "zluo@..." <zluo@...>, Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>
Cc: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "zluo via lists.prestodb.io" <zluo=twitter.com@...>
Date: Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 12:00 AM
To: Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>
Cc: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

[...]

Wenlei Xie

--
Best Regards,
Wenlei Xie (谢文磊)

Email: wenlei.xie@...

Tim Meehan

After scanning through Venki’s commits and issues I am supportive.

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "wenlei.xie@..." <wenlei.xie@...>
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 5:00 PM
To: Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>
Cc: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

[...]

Wenlei Xie (文磊)

Email: wenlei.xie@...

Shixuan Fan

+1 after skimming through several Venki’s pull requests

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "Tim Meehan via lists.prestodb.io" <tdm=fb.com@...>
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 9:36 AM
To: "wenlei.xie@..." <wenlei.xie@...>, Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>
Cc: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

After scanning through Venki’s commits and issues I am supportive.

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "wenlei.xie@..." <wenlei.xie@...>
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 5:00 PM
To: Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>
Cc: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

[...]

Andrii Rosa

+1 after skimming through Venki’s pull requests

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "Tim Meehan via lists.prestodb.io" <tdm=fb.com@...>
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 9:36 AM
To: "wenlei.xie@..." <wenlei.xie@...>, Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>
Cc: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

After scanning through Venki’s commits and issues I am supportive.

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "Tim Meehan via lists.prestodb.io" <tdm=fb.com@...>
Date: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 at 9:36 AM
To: "wenlei.xie@..." <wenlei.xie@...>, Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>
Cc: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

After scanning through Venki’s commits and issues I am supportive.

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "wenlei.xie@..." <wenlei.xie@...>
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 5:00 PM
To: Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>
Cc: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

[...]

Thank you all. We have a majority approval here and we can conclude the vote. Congrats, Venki!

Cheers,
Nezih

Girish Baliga

Thanks everyone! Congrats, Venki!