Date

Re: Nominating Ying Su as new committer

Tim Meehan

+1

From: presto-tsc@... <presto-tsc@...>
Date: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 11:32 AM
To: presto-tsc@... <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: [presto-tsc] Nominating Ying Su as new committer

Dear TSC members,

I would like to nominate Ying Su as a committer. Ying has been working on Presto for almost 3 years. She had contributed 200 commits with 20K+ lines of code.

She primarily worked on execution and performance optimization. Some of her highlights are:

  • Optimize repartition, which brought 2-3x CPU reduction on PartitionedOutputOperator (Blog Post) and 6x memory reduction.
  • Optimize Unnest, which brought up to 20x CPU reduction on UnnestOperator in Facebook workload (Blog Post)
  • Scan optimizations that brought additional 3 -17% efficiency through vectorization and batch processing on top of Aria Scan optimizations.
  • Many performance improvements in projection, map / array functions, etc.
  • Many memory / GC fixes, etc

In addition to her contribution, she also provided valuable feedbacks on others’ work related to execution / performance improvements. I think it’s safe to say that Presto would not be as good without her contributions.

Per the TSC charter "A Contributor may become a Committer by a majority approval of the existing Committers.", therefore, each TSC member has one vote to cast. Please reply with +1/-1 if you approve/disapprove onboarding Ying as a committer.

Nominating Ying Su as new committer

rongrong100@...

[...]

Re: PF TSC Chair Call for Nominations

Nezih Yigitbasi

Thanks Girish and Gale! Looking forward to a great 2021!

Nezih

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "Girish Baliga via lists.prestodb.io" <baliga=uber.com@...>
Date: Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 10:45 AM
To: Dipti Borkar <dipti@...>
Cc: Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>, Bin Fan <binfan@...>, <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [presto-tsc] Nominating Bin Fan as a Committer

Congrats, Bin!

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 10:39 AM Dipti Borkar <dipti@...> wrote:

Congrats Bin! 👍

- Dipti

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 3:12 PM Nezih Yigitbasi via lists.prestodb.io <nezihy=fb.com@...> wrote:

Thank you all. We have a majority approval here and we can conclude the vote. Congrats, Bin!

Nezih

--

Dipti Borkar
Cofounder & Chief Product Officerahana.io

Re: Nominating Bin Fan as a Committer

yu.dong@...

Congrats, Bin!

Regards,

Yu

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "Girish Baliga via lists.prestodb.io" <baliga=uber.com@...>
Date: Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 10:45 AM
To: Dipti Borkar <dipti@...>
Cc: Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>, Bin Fan <binfan@...>, <presto-tsc@...>

Congrats, Bin!

On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 10:39 AM Dipti Borkar <dipti@...> wrote:

Congrats Bin! 👍

- Dipti

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 3:12 PM Nezih Yigitbasi via lists.prestodb.io <nezihy=fb.com@...> wrote:

Thank you all. We have a majority approval here and we can conclude the vote. Congrats, Bin!

Nezih

--

Dipti Borkar
Cofounder & Chief Product Officerahana.io
C: 408-512-3394 | T: @dborkar

Re: Nominating Bin Fan as a Committer

Girish Baliga

[...]

Brian Warner <bwarner@...>

Certainly. Congratulations, Bin!

Best,
Brian

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 10:12 PM, Nezih Yigitbasi via lists.prestodb.io nezihy=fb.com@... wrote:
Thank you all. We have a majority approval here and we can conclude the vote. Congrats, Bin!

Nezih

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171

Re: Nominating Bin Fan as a Committer

Nezih Yigitbasi

Thank you all. We have a majority approval here and we can conclude the vote. Congrats, Bin!

Nezih

Re: Nominating Bin Fan as a Committer

zluo@...

+1

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 8:18 AM rschlussel via lists.prestodb.io <rschlussel=fb.com@...> wrote:

+1

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "venkik via lists.prestodb.io" <venkik=uber.com@...>

Date: Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 10:43 AM

To: Leiqing Cai <caithagoras@...>

Cc: Rongrong <rongrong100@...>, James Sun <jamessun@...>, Shixuan Fan <shixuan@...>, "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

+1

On Tue, Oct 13, 2020 at 6:34 AM Leiqing Cai <caithagoras@...> wrote:

+1

Leiqing

<rongrong100@...>20201012

周一下午12:24写道:

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 9:26 AM Shixuan Fan via lists.prestodb.io <shixuan=fb.com@...> wrote:

+1. I’ve been working with Bin actively and would vouch for Bin. Alluxio integration makes RaptorX effort much easier, and there are more features like cache quota to come :)

<presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "jamessun via

lists.prestodb.io" <jamessun=fb.com@...>

Date: Sunday, October 11, 2020 at 3:15 PM

To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

Subject: [presto-tsc] Nominating Bin Fan as a Committer

Dear TSC members,

Bin Fan from Alluxio has been contributing to Presto community in the past 10 months. Here, I nominate Bin as a committer with supporting docs listed below. Per

the TSC charter "A Contributor may become a Committer by a majority approval of the existing Committers.", therefore, each TSC member has one vote to cast. Please reply with +1/-1 if you approve/disapprove onboarding Bin as a committer.

===== Bin's contributions to the Presto Community =====

Merged Pull Requests to Presto Source Code:

Major contribution:

  • More details in the design & Implementation Challenges:

    slides

Other pull requests:

Presto related tutorial or blogs:

Presto related public presentations:

Community service:

  • Presto outreach committee (2020)

  • Assisting users on Presto slack channels

Re: Nominating Bin Fan as a Committer

rschlussel@...

+1

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "jamessun via lists.prestodb.io" <jamessun=fb.com@...>