Date   

Re: Adding new github admin

Maria Basmanova
 

+1

 

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "rongrong100@..." <rongrong100@...>
Date: Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 3:59 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: [presto-tsc] Adding new github admin

 

Hi all,

I'd like to propose adding new admin to our github repo. Currently there is only one admin who is an active developer. Admins are responsible for things like adding new contributor to the contributor team, helping enable things like integrations with Travis CI etc. We should have at least one additional admin so if one is not available there's a fall back. Currently our admin is Ariel in Boston. I'd like to propose adding another admin in another timezone. Since many of the active developers are in California I think it would be nice to have someone in PST. I'm nominating myself but open to other proposals.

Thanks!

Rongrong


Re: Adding new github admin

venki.korukanti@...
 

+1 

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 1:06 PM Shixuan Fan <shixuan@...> wrote:

+1. Thanks for bringing this up Rongrong!

 

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "zluo via Lists.Prestodb.Io" <zluo=twitter.com@...>
Reply-To: "zluo@..." <zluo@...>
Date: Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 1:03 PM
To: "rongrong100@..." <rongrong100@...>
Cc: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [presto-tsc] Adding new github admin

 

 

+1

 

thanks Ariel && Rongrong for the support :)

 

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 12:01 PM <rongrong100@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to propose adding new admin to our github repo. Currently there is only one admin who is an active developer. Admins are responsible for things like adding new contributor to the contributor team, helping enable things like integrations with Travis CI etc. We should have at least one additional admin so if one is not available there's a fall back. Currently our admin is Ariel in Boston. I'd like to propose adding another admin in another timezone. Since many of the active developers are in California I think it would be nice to have someone in PST. I'm nominating myself but open to other proposals.

Thanks!

Rongrong


Re: Adding new github admin

Wenlei Xie
 

+1

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 1:06 PM Shixuan Fan <shixuan@...> wrote:

+1. Thanks for bringing this up Rongrong!

 

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "zluo via Lists.Prestodb.Io" <zluo=twitter.com@...>
Reply-To: "zluo@..." <zluo@...>
Date: Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 1:03 PM
To: "rongrong100@..." <rongrong100@...>
Cc: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [presto-tsc] Adding new github admin

 

 

+1

 

thanks Ariel && Rongrong for the support :)

 

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 12:01 PM <rongrong100@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to propose adding new admin to our github repo. Currently there is only one admin who is an active developer. Admins are responsible for things like adding new contributor to the contributor team, helping enable things like integrations with Travis CI etc. We should have at least one additional admin so if one is not available there's a fall back. Currently our admin is Ariel in Boston. I'd like to propose adding another admin in another timezone. Since many of the active developers are in California I think it would be nice to have someone in PST. I'm nominating myself but open to other proposals.

Thanks!

Rongrong



--
Best Regards,
Wenlei Xie (谢文磊)

Email: wenlei.xie@...


Re: Adding new github admin

Shixuan Fan
 

+1. Thanks for bringing this up Rongrong!

 

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "zluo via Lists.Prestodb.Io" <zluo=twitter.com@...>
Reply-To: "zluo@..." <zluo@...>
Date: Thursday, March 5, 2020 at 1:03 PM
To: "rongrong100@..." <rongrong100@...>
Cc: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [presto-tsc] Adding new github admin

 

 

+1

 

thanks Ariel && Rongrong for the support :)

 

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 12:01 PM <rongrong100@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to propose adding new admin to our github repo. Currently there is only one admin who is an active developer. Admins are responsible for things like adding new contributor to the contributor team, helping enable things like integrations with Travis CI etc. We should have at least one additional admin so if one is not available there's a fall back. Currently our admin is Ariel in Boston. I'd like to propose adding another admin in another timezone. Since many of the active developers are in California I think it would be nice to have someone in PST. I'm nominating myself but open to other proposals.

Thanks!

Rongrong


Re: Adding new github admin

zluo@...
 


+1

thanks Ariel && Rongrong for the support :)

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 12:01 PM <rongrong100@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to propose adding new admin to our github repo. Currently there is only one admin who is an active developer. Admins are responsible for things like adding new contributor to the contributor team, helping enable things like integrations with Travis CI etc. We should have at least one additional admin so if one is not available there's a fall back. Currently our admin is Ariel in Boston. I'd like to propose adding another admin in another timezone. Since many of the active developers are in California I think it would be nice to have someone in PST. I'm nominating myself but open to other proposals.

Thanks!

Rongrong


Adding new github admin

rongrong100@...
 

Hi all,

I'd like to propose adding new admin to our github repo. Currently there is only one admin who is an active developer. Admins are responsible for things like adding new contributor to the contributor team, helping enable things like integrations with Travis CI etc. We should have at least one additional admin so if one is not available there's a fall back. Currently our admin is Ariel in Boston. I'd like to propose adding another admin in another timezone. Since many of the active developers are in California I think it would be nice to have someone in PST. I'm nominating myself but open to other proposals.

Thanks!

Rongrong


Re: Presto CONTRIBUTING.md Update

Brian Warner <bwarner@...>
 

Thank you everyone, this concludes the vote. 

We'll go ahead and land this. It's in the .github repo, so it will appear in any repos which don't have an existing local CONTRIBUTING.md file. 

Best,
Brian

--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
bwarner@...
+1 724 301-6171


On Wed, Feb 19, 2020, 12:10 AM Venki Korukanti <venkik@...> wrote:
+1 from Uber.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 8:47 PM <rongrong100@...> wrote:
+1 from Facebook 

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 11:49 PM Jessica Zhang <jiezh2008@...> wrote:
+1 from Alibaba

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 6:08 PM Brian Warner <bwarner@...> wrote:
And finally, a reminder on this thread, can a representative from each organization represented on the TSC please provide a +1 or -1 on this topic?

Best,
Brian

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 2:45 PM Gale McCommons <gmccommons@...> wrote:
Hi All,

In our latest meeting, we discussed the addition of an initial default CONTRIBUTING.md file. If accepted, this will remove and replace any local CONTRIBUTING.md files with the centralized version. Please take a moment to review, and vote on it's acceptance or rejection, or share any feedback. 


As a reminder, each member company may cast one vote. Please reply-all to this email with a +1/-1 to indicate your vote.

Thank you,
Gale

--
Gale McCommons
Program Manager, Linux Foundation
M: +1 210 367 1795



--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171

--
Rongrong


Re: Presto CONTRIBUTING.md Update

venki.korukanti@...
 

+1 from Uber.

On Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 8:47 PM <rongrong100@...> wrote:
+1 from Facebook 

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 11:49 PM Jessica Zhang <jiezh2008@...> wrote:
+1 from Alibaba

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 6:08 PM Brian Warner <bwarner@...> wrote:
And finally, a reminder on this thread, can a representative from each organization represented on the TSC please provide a +1 or -1 on this topic?

Best,
Brian

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 2:45 PM Gale McCommons <gmccommons@...> wrote:
Hi All,

In our latest meeting, we discussed the addition of an initial default CONTRIBUTING.md file. If accepted, this will remove and replace any local CONTRIBUTING.md files with the centralized version. Please take a moment to review, and vote on it's acceptance or rejection, or share any feedback. 


As a reminder, each member company may cast one vote. Please reply-all to this email with a +1/-1 to indicate your vote.

Thank you,
Gale

--
Gale McCommons
Program Manager, Linux Foundation
M: +1 210 367 1795



--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171

--
Rongrong


Re: Presto CONTRIBUTING.md Update

rongrong100@...
 

+1 from Facebook 

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 11:49 PM Jessica Zhang <jiezh2008@...> wrote:
+1 from Alibaba

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 6:08 PM Brian Warner <bwarner@...> wrote:
And finally, a reminder on this thread, can a representative from each organization represented on the TSC please provide a +1 or -1 on this topic?

Best,
Brian

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 2:45 PM Gale McCommons <gmccommons@...> wrote:
Hi All,

In our latest meeting, we discussed the addition of an initial default CONTRIBUTING.md file. If accepted, this will remove and replace any local CONTRIBUTING.md files with the centralized version. Please take a moment to review, and vote on it's acceptance or rejection, or share any feedback. 


As a reminder, each member company may cast one vote. Please reply-all to this email with a +1/-1 to indicate your vote.

Thank you,
Gale

--
Gale McCommons
Program Manager, Linux Foundation
M: +1 210 367 1795



--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171

--
Rongrong


Re: Proposal: Venki Korukanti as Uber representative for TSC

Girish Baliga
 

Thanks everyone for your support! Thanks, Brian, for making the changes.


On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 8:06 PM Brian Warner <bwarner@...> wrote:
My apologies, I sent that too quickly.  I will add *Venki* to this list.

Best,
Brian

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 11:04 PM Brian Warner <bwarner@...> wrote:
Thank you, this concludes the vote.  I will push an update to the README.md pull request in the tsc repo, and add Girish to this list.

Best,
Brian

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 2:03 PM <rongrong100@...> wrote:
+1 from Facebook.

Rongrong


On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 11:35 PM zluo via Lists.Prestodb.Io <zluo=twitter.com@...> wrote:

+1

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 9:34 PM Jessica Zhang <jessica.zhang@...> wrote:
+1 from Alibaba 


------------------------------------------------------------------
发件人:Brian Warner<bwarner@...>
日 期:2020年02月12日 11:39:06
收件人:Girish Baliga<baliga@...>
抄 送:<presto-tsc@...>; Brian Hsieh<brianh@...>
主 题:Re: [presto-tsc] Proposal: Venki Korukanti as Uber representative for TSC

Thanks Girish! 

As with the others, please respond with a +1 or -1, one vote per company represented. 

Best,
Brian

--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
bwarner@...
+1 724 301-6171

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020, 10:00 PM Girish Baliga via Lists.Prestodb.Io <baliga=uber.com@...> wrote:
Hi Team,

Following up on our conversation at the TSC meeting today, I'd like to propose Venki Korukanti as Uber's representative on the Technical Steering Committee with probationary committership for a period of six months. For additional background, Uber got an open slot on the TSC with probationary committership when we joined the foundation, and I'm proposing Venki for this.

Venki is currently collaborating with Zhenxiao Luo on a major rewrite of the Presto Parquet reader, and has made major Uber internal Presto for key projects such as Neutrino. Venki has a strong track record of open source contributions and engagement in systems similar to Presto. He serves on the Apache Drill PMC and has been one of the top contributors on Drill. I think he will add a great outside perspective to the Presto TSC, which will be very valuable to the rest of the community.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please provide your votes for this.

Thanks!
Girish






--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171


--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171


Re: Proposal: Venki Korukanti as Uber representative for TSC

Brian Warner <bwarner@...>
 

My apologies, I sent that too quickly.  I will add *Venki* to this list.

Best,
Brian

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 11:04 PM Brian Warner <bwarner@...> wrote:
Thank you, this concludes the vote.  I will push an update to the README.md pull request in the tsc repo, and add Girish to this list.

Best,
Brian

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 2:03 PM <rongrong100@...> wrote:
+1 from Facebook.

Rongrong


On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 11:35 PM zluo via Lists.Prestodb.Io <zluo=twitter.com@...> wrote:

+1

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 9:34 PM Jessica Zhang <jessica.zhang@...> wrote:
+1 from Alibaba 


------------------------------------------------------------------
发件人:Brian Warner<bwarner@...>
日 期:2020年02月12日 11:39:06
收件人:Girish Baliga<baliga@...>
抄 送:<presto-tsc@...>; Brian Hsieh<brianh@...>
主 题:Re: [presto-tsc] Proposal: Venki Korukanti as Uber representative for TSC

Thanks Girish! 

As with the others, please respond with a +1 or -1, one vote per company represented. 

Best,
Brian

--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
bwarner@...
+1 724 301-6171

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020, 10:00 PM Girish Baliga via Lists.Prestodb.Io <baliga=uber.com@...> wrote:
Hi Team,

Following up on our conversation at the TSC meeting today, I'd like to propose Venki Korukanti as Uber's representative on the Technical Steering Committee with probationary committership for a period of six months. For additional background, Uber got an open slot on the TSC with probationary committership when we joined the foundation, and I'm proposing Venki for this.

Venki is currently collaborating with Zhenxiao Luo on a major rewrite of the Presto Parquet reader, and has made major Uber internal Presto for key projects such as Neutrino. Venki has a strong track record of open source contributions and engagement in systems similar to Presto. He serves on the Apache Drill PMC and has been one of the top contributors on Drill. I think he will add a great outside perspective to the Presto TSC, which will be very valuable to the rest of the community.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please provide your votes for this.

Thanks!
Girish






--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171


--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171


Re: Proposal: Venki Korukanti as Uber representative for TSC

Brian Warner <bwarner@...>
 

Thank you, this concludes the vote.  I will push an update to the README.md pull request in the tsc repo, and add Girish to this list.

Best,
Brian

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 2:03 PM <rongrong100@...> wrote:
+1 from Facebook.

Rongrong


On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 11:35 PM zluo via Lists.Prestodb.Io <zluo=twitter.com@...> wrote:

+1

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 9:34 PM Jessica Zhang <jessica.zhang@...> wrote:
+1 from Alibaba 


------------------------------------------------------------------
发件人:Brian Warner<bwarner@...>
日 期:2020年02月12日 11:39:06
收件人:Girish Baliga<baliga@...>
抄 送:<presto-tsc@...>; Brian Hsieh<brianh@...>
主 题:Re: [presto-tsc] Proposal: Venki Korukanti as Uber representative for TSC

Thanks Girish! 

As with the others, please respond with a +1 or -1, one vote per company represented. 

Best,
Brian

--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
bwarner@...
+1 724 301-6171

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020, 10:00 PM Girish Baliga via Lists.Prestodb.Io <baliga=uber.com@...> wrote:
Hi Team,

Following up on our conversation at the TSC meeting today, I'd like to propose Venki Korukanti as Uber's representative on the Technical Steering Committee with probationary committership for a period of six months. For additional background, Uber got an open slot on the TSC with probationary committership when we joined the foundation, and I'm proposing Venki for this.

Venki is currently collaborating with Zhenxiao Luo on a major rewrite of the Presto Parquet reader, and has made major Uber internal Presto for key projects such as Neutrino. Venki has a strong track record of open source contributions and engagement in systems similar to Presto. He serves on the Apache Drill PMC and has been one of the top contributors on Drill. I think he will add a great outside perspective to the Presto TSC, which will be very valuable to the rest of the community.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please provide your votes for this.

Thanks!
Girish






--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171


Re: Presto TSC Code of Conduct

Brian Warner <bwarner@...>
 

Thank you everyone, this concludes the vote.  I'll comment on the CoC PR and note that it's been approved.

Also, we had discussed adding this to the .github repo so that it would be replicated across all repos in the org.  I'll take care of that for the CoC as well.

Best,
Brian

On Fri, Feb 14, 2020 at 1:57 PM Rongrong <rongrong100@...> wrote:
+1 for Facebook.
Rongrong


On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 8:05 PM Jessica Zhang <jessica.zhang@...> wrote:
+1 from Alibaba 


------------------Original Mail ------------------
Sender: <presto-tsc@...>
Send Date:Tue Feb 11 18:15:26 2020
Recipients:Brian Warner <bwarner@...>
Subject:Re: [presto-tsc] Presto TSC Code of Conduct
+1

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 6:08 PM Brian Warner <bwarner@...> wrote:
Hi all,

A gentle reminder from today's call on this thread, can a representative from each organization represented on the TSC please provide a +1 or -1 on this topic?

Best,
Brian

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 2:43 PM Gale McCommons <gmccommons@...> wrote:
Hi Team,

In our last TSC meeting, we discussed a proposed Code of Conduct. This draft is based on the latest LF template. Please take a moment to review, and vote on it's acceptance or rejection, or share any feedback. 


As a reminder, each member company may cast one vote. Please reply-all to this email with a +1/-1 to indicate your vote.

Thank you
Gale

--
Gale McCommons
Program Manager, Linux Foundation
M: +1 210 367 1795



--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171



--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171


Re: Proposal: Venki Korukanti as Uber representative for TSC

rongrong100@...
 

+1 from Facebook.

Rongrong


On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 11:35 PM zluo via Lists.Prestodb.Io <zluo=twitter.com@...> wrote:

+1

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 9:34 PM Jessica Zhang <jessica.zhang@...> wrote:
+1 from Alibaba 


------------------------------------------------------------------
发件人:Brian Warner<bwarner@...>
日 期:2020年02月12日 11:39:06
收件人:Girish Baliga<baliga@...>
抄 送:<presto-tsc@...>; Brian Hsieh<brianh@...>
主 题:Re: [presto-tsc] Proposal: Venki Korukanti as Uber representative for TSC

Thanks Girish! 

As with the others, please respond with a +1 or -1, one vote per company represented. 

Best,
Brian

--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
bwarner@...
+1 724 301-6171

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020, 10:00 PM Girish Baliga via Lists.Prestodb.Io <baliga=uber.com@...> wrote:
Hi Team,

Following up on our conversation at the TSC meeting today, I'd like to propose Venki Korukanti as Uber's representative on the Technical Steering Committee with probationary committership for a period of six months. For additional background, Uber got an open slot on the TSC with probationary committership when we joined the foundation, and I'm proposing Venki for this.

Venki is currently collaborating with Zhenxiao Luo on a major rewrite of the Presto Parquet reader, and has made major Uber internal Presto for key projects such as Neutrino. Venki has a strong track record of open source contributions and engagement in systems similar to Presto. He serves on the Apache Drill PMC and has been one of the top contributors on Drill. I think he will add a great outside perspective to the Presto TSC, which will be very valuable to the rest of the community.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please provide your votes for this.

Thanks!
Girish





Re: Presto TSC Code of Conduct

rongrong100@...
 

+1 for Facebook.
Rongrong


On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 8:05 PM Jessica Zhang <jessica.zhang@...> wrote:
+1 from Alibaba 


------------------Original Mail ------------------
Sender: <presto-tsc@...>
Send Date:Tue Feb 11 18:15:26 2020
Recipients:Brian Warner <bwarner@...>
Subject:Re: [presto-tsc] Presto TSC Code of Conduct
+1

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 6:08 PM Brian Warner <bwarner@...> wrote:
Hi all,

A gentle reminder from today's call on this thread, can a representative from each organization represented on the TSC please provide a +1 or -1 on this topic?

Best,
Brian

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 2:43 PM Gale McCommons <gmccommons@...> wrote:
Hi Team,

In our last TSC meeting, we discussed a proposed Code of Conduct. This draft is based on the latest LF template. Please take a moment to review, and vote on it's acceptance or rejection, or share any feedback. 


As a reminder, each member company may cast one vote. Please reply-all to this email with a +1/-1 to indicate your vote.

Thank you
Gale

--
Gale McCommons
Program Manager, Linux Foundation
M: +1 210 367 1795



--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171


Re: Proposal: Venki Korukanti as Uber representative for TSC

zluo@...
 


+1


On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 9:34 PM Jessica Zhang <jessica.zhang@...> wrote:
+1 from Alibaba 


------------------------------------------------------------------
发件人:Brian Warner<bwarner@...>
日 期:2020年02月12日 11:39:06
收件人:Girish Baliga<baliga@...>
抄 送:<presto-tsc@...>; Brian Hsieh<brianh@...>
主 题:Re: [presto-tsc] Proposal: Venki Korukanti as Uber representative for TSC

Thanks Girish! 

As with the others, please respond with a +1 or -1, one vote per company represented. 

Best,
Brian

--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
bwarner@...
+1 724 301-6171

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020, 10:00 PM Girish Baliga via Lists.Prestodb.Io <baliga=uber.com@...> wrote:
Hi Team,

Following up on our conversation at the TSC meeting today, I'd like to propose Venki Korukanti as Uber's representative on the Technical Steering Committee with probationary committership for a period of six months. For additional background, Uber got an open slot on the TSC with probationary committership when we joined the foundation, and I'm proposing Venki for this.

Venki is currently collaborating with Zhenxiao Luo on a major rewrite of the Presto Parquet reader, and has made major Uber internal Presto for key projects such as Neutrino. Venki has a strong track record of open source contributions and engagement in systems similar to Presto. He serves on the Apache Drill PMC and has been one of the top contributors on Drill. I think he will add a great outside perspective to the Presto TSC, which will be very valuable to the rest of the community.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please provide your votes for this.

Thanks!
Girish





Re: Presto TSC Policies and Procedures

Jessica Zhang
 

+1 from Alibaba 


------------------------------------------------------------------
发件人:Brian Warner<bwarner@...>
日 期:2020年02月12日 10:07:34
收件人:Gale McCommons<gmccommons@...>
抄 送:<presto-tsc@...>
主 题:Re: [presto-tsc] Presto TSC Policies and Procedures

Hi all,

Just a gentle reminder from today's call, can a representative from each organization represented on the TSC please provide a +1 or -1 on this topic?

I will also bump the other two threads.

Best,
Brian

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 2:46 PM Gale McCommons <gmccommons@...> wrote:
Hi Team,

In our last session, we reviewed a proposed update to the TSC Policies and Procedures. In this PR, we've noted the current TSC members, affiliations, and term. Please take a moment to review, and vote on it's acceptance or rejection, or share any feedback. 


This PR requires a vote from the TSC to merge. As a reminder, each represented company may cast one vote. Please reply-all to this email with a +1/-1 to indicate your vote.

Thank you
Gale

--
Gale McCommons
Program Manager, Linux Foundation
M: +1 210 367 1795



--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171


Re: Proposal: Venki Korukanti as Uber representative for TSC

Jessica Zhang
 

+1 from Alibaba 


------------------------------------------------------------------
发件人:Brian Warner<bwarner@...>
日 期:2020年02月12日 11:39:06
收件人:Girish Baliga<baliga@...>
抄 送:<presto-tsc@...>; Brian Hsieh<brianh@...>
主 题:Re: [presto-tsc] Proposal: Venki Korukanti as Uber representative for TSC

Thanks Girish! 

As with the others, please respond with a +1 or -1, one vote per company represented. 

Best,
Brian

--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
bwarner@...
+1 724 301-6171

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020, 10:00 PM Girish Baliga via Lists.Prestodb.Io <baliga=uber.com@...> wrote:
Hi Team,

Following up on our conversation at the TSC meeting today, I'd like to propose Venki Korukanti as Uber's representative on the Technical Steering Committee with probationary committership for a period of six months. For additional background, Uber got an open slot on the TSC with probationary committership when we joined the foundation, and I'm proposing Venki for this.

Venki is currently collaborating with Zhenxiao Luo on a major rewrite of the Presto Parquet reader, and has made major Uber internal Presto for key projects such as Neutrino. Venki has a strong track record of open source contributions and engagement in systems similar to Presto. He serves on the Apache Drill PMC and has been one of the top contributors on Drill. I think he will add a great outside perspective to the Presto TSC, which will be very valuable to the rest of the community.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please provide your votes for this.

Thanks!
Girish





Re: Proposal: Venki Korukanti as Uber representative for TSC

Jessica Zhang
 

+1 from Alibaba

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 7:39 PM Brian Warner <bwarner@...> wrote:
Thanks Girish! 

As with the others, please respond with a +1 or -1, one vote per company represented. 

Best,
Brian

--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
bwarner@...
+1 724 301-6171

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020, 10:00 PM Girish Baliga via Lists.Prestodb.Io <baliga=uber.com@...> wrote:
Hi Team,

Following up on our conversation at the TSC meeting today, I'd like to propose Venki Korukanti as Uber's representative on the Technical Steering Committee with probationary committership for a period of six months. For additional background, Uber got an open slot on the TSC with probationary committership when we joined the foundation, and I'm proposing Venki for this.

Venki is currently collaborating with Zhenxiao Luo on a major rewrite of the Presto Parquet reader, and has made major Uber internal Presto for key projects such as Neutrino. Venki has a strong track record of open source contributions and engagement in systems similar to Presto. He serves on the Apache Drill PMC and has been one of the top contributors on Drill. I think he will add a great outside perspective to the Presto TSC, which will be very valuable to the rest of the community.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please provide your votes for this.

Thanks!
Girish




Re: Presto TSC Policies and Procedures

Jessica Zhang
 

+1 from Alibaba

On Tue, Feb 11, 2020 at 6:07 PM Brian Warner <bwarner@...> wrote:
Hi all,

Just a gentle reminder from today's call, can a representative from each organization represented on the TSC please provide a +1 or -1 on this topic?

I will also bump the other two threads.

Best,
Brian

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 2:46 PM Gale McCommons <gmccommons@...> wrote:
Hi Team,

In our last session, we reviewed a proposed update to the TSC Policies and Procedures. In this PR, we've noted the current TSC members, affiliations, and term. Please take a moment to review, and vote on it's acceptance or rejection, or share any feedback. 


This PR requires a vote from the TSC to merge. As a reminder, each represented company may cast one vote. Please reply-all to this email with a +1/-1 to indicate your vote.

Thank you
Gale

--
Gale McCommons
Program Manager, Linux Foundation
M: +1 210 367 1795



--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171

221 - 240 of 300