From: presto-dev@... <presto-dev@...> on behalf of yingsu00@... <yingsu00@...>
Date: Friday, September 16, 2022 at 12:48 AM
To: presto-dev@... <presto-dev@...>
Subject: Re: [presto-dev] Nominate Chunxu Tang as Presto Committer

+1 Chunxu’s contribution is substantial and I support him becoming a committer. thanks, Ying _. _,_. _,_ Links: You receive all messages sent to this group. View/Reply Online (#299) | Reply To Sender | Reply To Group ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an Untrusted Sender

You have not previously corresponded with this sender.

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

+1
Chunxu’s contribution is substantial and I support him becoming a committer.

thanks,
Ying

Re: Nominate Chunxu Tang as Presto Committer

yingsu00@...

+1
Chunxu’s contribution is substantial and I support him becoming a committer.

thanks,
Ying

Re: Nominate Chunxu Tang as Presto Committer

Zhenxiao Luo

+1

Thanks,
Zhenxiao

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 11:50 AM beinan via lists.prestodb.io <beinan=alluxio.com@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: fix the format and put more contributions]

Hello Presto TSC members,

I would like to nominate Chunxu Tang (github: https://github.com/ChunxuTang) as Presto Committer.  Chunxu has been contributing a lot to the Presto iceberg connector and router.  He is maintaining 3000+ presto nodes and he is the point of contact of PrestoDB in Twitter.  He also contributed the AI Query Predictor, which expanded the eco-system of presto and helped improve the utilization and stability of the multi-cluster of Presto.

Git stats

- 58 commits

- 109k lines of addition

- 37 PR reviews, 120 comments

Contributions

- Added the Presto Iceberg connector

- Added the Presto query predictor

- Added the Presto router

- Reviewed the Lark sheet connector

- Reviewed the Google sheet connector

- Reviewed all major Iceberg connector pull requests

Please reply to this email to vote. Thanks!

Beinan

Nominate Chunxu Tang as Presto Committer

beinan@...

Edited

[...]

Presto TSC Meeting - September 13th, 2022

Tim Meehan

The next Presto TSC meeting will be next week, September 13th at 9am Pacific/12pm Eastern time (one week later than is customary).

TSC meetings are open to the entire technical community, and are meant to be a forum to discuss technical direction, community concerns, and bring up new ideas.

If you’d like to bring up a topic for the TSC, please send a PR to the agenda here: https://github.com/prestodb/tsc/blob/master/meetings/2022-09-13.md

Tim

Presto TSC Meeting - August 2nd, 2022

Tim Meehan

The next Presto TSC meeting will be next week, August 2nd at 9am Pacific/12pm Eastern time.

TSC meetings are open to the entire technical community, and are meant to be a forum to discuss technical direction, community concerns, and bring up new ideas.

Next meeting we’ll be talking about the Presto Router, a load balancing component that sits in front of multiple Presto clusters to scale out and provide a unified interface.  If you’d like to bring up a topic for the TSC, please send a PR to the agenda here: https://github.com/prestodb/tsc/blob/master/meetings/2022-08-02.md

Tim

Presto TSC Meeting - July 5th, 2022

Tim Meehan

The next Presto TSC meeting will be next week, July 5thth at 9am Pacific/12pm Eastern time.

TSC meetings are open to the entire technical community, and are meant to be a forum to discuss technical direction, community concerns, and bring up new ideas.

There are no open agenda items for this next meeting yet.  If you’d like to bring up a topic for the TSC, please send a PR to the agenda here: https://github.com/prestodb/tsc/blob/master/meetings/2022-07-05.md

Tim

Presto TSC Meeting - June 7th, 2022

Tim Meehan

The next Presto TSC meeting will be next week, June 7thth at 9am Pacific/12pm Eastern time.

TSC meetings are open to the entire technical community, and are meant to be a forum to discuss technical direction, community concerns, and bring up new ideas.

At the next session, we’ll give an update on the Presto Conformance Program, and also review a design for a history-based optimizer.

If you’d like to bring up a topic for the TSC, please send a PR to the agenda here: https://github.com/prestodb/tsc/blob/master/meetings/2022-06-07.md

Tim

Announcing PrestoCon Day [virtual] - July 21!

Ali LeClerc

Hi Presto team,

I’m excited to announce our next virtual PrestoCon Day is on July 21! Link to event is here: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/prestocon-day/

As we begin promotions today, I wanted to highlight with this group that the CFP is open and strongly encourage you/your teams to submit a talk: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/prestocon-day/program/cfp/

I also hope that many of you as members will be able to be a sponsor. Details on sponsorships here: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/prestocon-day/sponsor/

Looking forward to another great event. Please reach out if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Ali

photo

Ali LeClerc
Sr. Director of Marketing, Ahana |
Presto Community Outreach Chair

Re: [presto-tsc-private] Nominate Nikhil as Presto Committer

Zhenxiao Luo

+1

On Wed, May 11, 2022 at 4:35 AM Bin Fan via lists.prestodb.io <binfan=alluxio.com@...> wrote:
+1

On Tue, May 10, 2022 at 1:28 PM Rebecca Schlussel via lists.prestodb.io <rschlussel=fb.com@...> wrote:

+1

From: presto-dev@... <presto-dev@...> on behalf of jamessun via lists.prestodb.io <jamessun=fb.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at 4:02 PM
To: presto-tsc@... <presto-tsc@...>, presto-tsc-voting@... <presto-tsc-voting@...>
Subject: [presto-dev] Nominate Nikhil as Presto Committer

Hi Presto TSC members,

I would like to nominate Nikhil Collooru (github ID: NikhilCollooru) as a Presto committer. Nikhil has been contributing to Presto for close to 3 years now. He worked in different areas and contributed to multiple modules. He has good knowledge in code related to metastore, file listing, split generation, split scheduling, hive writer, task lifecycle, etc. He actively reviews PRs and provide quality feedback.

Here are some detailed stats on his contribution:

- 98 commits

- 64k lines of addition, 52k lines of removal

- 69 PR reviews, 199 review comments

Some of his major contributions (in chronological order):

- Refactored and modularized presto-orc into an independent module

- Introduced versioned metastore partition caching

- Added support for reading manifest and avoid listFiles call in coordinator

- Improved SOFT_AFFINITY strategy to be more resilient to node downtime

- Added support for returning partial results

- Reduced the number of HdfsConfiguration copies and thereby reduce the coordinator CPU utilization

Please reply to this email to vote.

Thanks

James

--
Bin Fan from phone

Re: [presto-tsc-private] Nominate Nikhil as Presto Committer

Bin Fan

From: presto-dev@... <presto-dev@...> on behalf of jamessun via lists.prestodb.io <jamessun=fb.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at 4:02 PM
To: presto-tsc@... <presto-tsc@...>, presto-tsc-voting@... <presto-tsc-voting@...>

[...]

Re: Nominate Nikhil as Presto Committer

rschlussel@...

+1

From: presto-dev@... <presto-dev@...> on behalf of jamessun via lists.prestodb.io <jamessun=fb.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 10, 2022 at 4:02 PM
To: presto-tsc@... <presto-tsc@...>, presto-tsc-voting@... <presto-tsc-voting@...>

jamessun@...

[...]

Question regarding commit > Revert "Improve listing performance of Hudi tables" on release-0.272 (for Presto 0.272.1)

Chatterjee, Ankush

Hi,

This is regarding the commit https://github.com/prestodb/presto/pull/17706.

As it is commented on the PR, this is being reverted as  it is breaking a connector.

Could we please know which connector was it breaking and will this revert be merged to mainline too?

Thanks,

Ankush.

Presto TSC Meeting - April 12th, 2022

Tim Meehan

 The next Presto TSC meeting will be next week, April 12th at 9am Pacific/12pm Eastern time.

TSC meetings are open to the entire technical community, and are meant to be a forum to discuss technical direction, community concerns, and bring up new ideas.

If you’d like to bring up a topic for the TSC, please send a PR to the agenda here: https://github.com/prestodb/tsc/blob/master/meetings/2022-04-12.md

Tim

Re: Presto TSC Meeting - March 8th, 2022

Tim Meehan

Hey folks, there were no agenda items today, so cancelling today’s meeting.  See you next month.

Tim

From: Tim Meehan <tdm@...>
Date: Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 11:18 AM
To: presto-dev@... <presto-dev@...>
Subject: Presto TSC Meeting - March 8th, 2022

 The next Presto TSC meeting will be next week, Mar 8nd at 9am Pacific/12pm Eastern time.

TSC meetings are open to the entire technical community, and are meant to be a forum to discuss technical direction, community concerns, and bring up new ideas.

If you’d like to bring up a topic for the TSC, please send a PR to the agenda here: https://github.com/prestodb/tsc/blob/master/meetings/2022-03-08.md

Tim

Presto TSC Meeting - March 8th, 2022

Tim Meehan

 The next Presto TSC meeting will be next week, Mar 8nd at 9am Pacific/12pm Eastern time.

TSC meetings are open to the entire technical community, and are meant to be a forum to discuss technical direction, community concerns, and bring up new ideas.

If you’d like to bring up a topic for the TSC, please send a PR to the agenda here: https://github.com/prestodb/tsc/blob/master/meetings/2022-03-08.md

Tim

TSC Elections 2021 results

Tim Meehan

Hello all,

The election has concluded, and the new TSC consists of:

  • Bin Fan
  • James Sun
  • Rebecca Schlussel
  • Rongrong Zhong
  • Tim Meehan
  • Ying Su
  • Zhenxiao Luo

Thanks everyone for submitting your nominations and participating in this election.

For this initial class, some term limits last until November of next year, and some extend until May of the following year.  We’ll determine who belongs to which term by random coin toss at our next TSC meeting, after which it will be added to the charter.

Thank you

Tim

From: Tim Meehan <tdm@...>
Date: Thursday, October 28, 2021 at 11:11 PM
To: presto-dev@... <presto-dev@...>
Subject: Call for nominations - TSC Elections - 2021

Hello all,

Tl;dr: we’re now accepting nominations for the next TSC class.  Please see the TSC README to see instructions on how you can submit a nomination to the TSC.

To begin with, I wanted to make an announcement that tsc#68 has been merged.  Just to summarize, the main changes to the TSC were:

  1. Most votes become lazy consensus votes.
  2. New committers now are voted in by TSC members, not the broad set of committers.
  3. TSC members now have term limits, with elections occurring every half year for roughly half the TSC.
  4. The new TSC group will consist of a smaller pool of individuals (7, rather than the current group of 15).

The idea behind these changes were to reduce friction points from participation among committers and TSC members, namely: removing the high burden of voting required to vote in new committers, allowing for lazy consensus for most votes, and reducing the TSC size to make it a smaller, focused and more agile group.

With these changes being accepted and merged, the time has now come to vote in our next set of TSC members.

The process will work as follows:

  1. Today, we start accepting nominations for TSC membership.  By current rules, TSC members must be committers.  The instructions are found on the README for the TSC, and have also been linked on the README for the main project.
  2. Nominations close on Thursday, November 4th, after which we’ll begin the process of voting via OpaVote.
  3. Voting closes on Thursday, November 11th, at which point we’ll have our new TSC class.

For details, please see the README above, and the TSC charter.

I’m looking forward for the upcoming TSC to help guide the technical project.

Tim

Presto TSC Meeting - November 2nd, 2021

Tim Meehan

 The next Presto TSC meeting will be tomorrow, November 2nd at 9am Pacific/12pm Eastern time.

TSC meetings are open to the entire technical community, and are meant to be a forum to discuss technical direction, community concerns, and bring up new ideas.

If you’d like to bring up a topic for the TSC, please send a PR to the agenda here: https://github.com/prestodb/tsc/blob/master/meetings/2021-11-02.md

Tim

Call for nominations - TSC Elections - 2021

[...]

1 - 20 of 300