Non-binding +1

Would appreciate the help.

Ariel

On Mar 5, 2020, at 9:03 PM, zluo via Lists.Prestodb.Io <zluo=twitter.com@...> wrote:

+1

thanks Ariel && Rongrong for the support :)

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 12:01 PM <rongrong100@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to propose adding new admin to our github repo. Currently there is only one admin who is an active developer. Admins are responsible for things like adding new contributor to the contributor team, helping enable things like integrations with Travis CI etc. We should have at least one additional admin so if one is not available there's a fall back. Currently our admin is Ariel in Boston. I'd like to propose adding another admin in another timezone. Since many of the active developers are in California I think it would be nice to have someone in PST. I'm nominating myself but open to other proposals.

Re: Adding new github admin

Andrii Rosa

+1

Hi,

jamessun@...

thanks Ariel && Rongrong for the support :)

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 12:01 PM <rongrong100@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I'd like to propose adding new admin to our github repo. Currently there is only one admin who is an active developer. Admins are responsible for things like adding new contributor to the contributor team, helping enable things like integrations with Travis CI etc. We should have at least one additional admin so if one is not available there's a fall back. Currently our admin is Ariel in Boston. I'd like to propose adding another admin in another timezone. Since many of the active developers are in California I think it would be nice to have someone in PST. I'm nominating myself but open to other proposals.

about the Presto TSC meeting on Mar 10

Nezih Yigitbasi

Hey everyone,
Does anyone have any agenda items to discuss in today's TSC meeting? Otherwise, we can cancel this instance.

Cheers,
Nezih

Re: about the Presto TSC meeting on Mar 10

Gale McCommons <gmccommons@...>

Hi All,

I've just sent out the cancellation for today's meeting. See you all in two weeks!

Gale

--
Gale McCommons
Program Manager, Linux Foundation

Presto TSC Occurrence Cancellation

Gale McCommons <gmccommons@...>

Hi Team,

I hope you are all safe and well. We are cancelling today's occurrence of the Presto TSC meeting today. Please let Nezih or myself know if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Gale

--
Gale McCommons
Program Manager, Linux Foundation
M: +1 210 367 1795

Allowing external checks on Github PR

Leiqing Cai

I'd like to propose allowing additional external checks on Github PR. Specifically, I'm looking to a test to check for Facebook integration.

Currently, Travis CI is run on each PR (shown in the screenshot below).
However, this is not enough since there are active repos depending upon the master of prestodb/presto.
Allowing adding external integration checks can help identify breakages earlier on.

Here are the rules that I propose for external checks:
- Anyone can add external checks upon TSC approval.
- Test owner should make sure that the test is not flaky.
- Test failures does not block merging. They only serves alerting purpose.

Re: Allowing external checks on Github PR

Andrii Rosa

+1

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 6:06 PM Leiqing Cai <caithagoras@...> wrote:
[...]

Shixuan Fan

+1 and thanks for doing this!

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of Leiqing Cai <caithagoras@...>
Date: Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 3:06 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

I'd like to propose allowing additional external checks on Github PR. Specifically, I'm looking to a test to check for Facebook integration.

Currently, Travis CI is run on each PR (shown in the screenshot below).
However, this is not enough since there are active repos depending upon the master of prestodb/presto.
Allowing adding external integration checks can help identify breakages earlier on.

Here are the rules that I propose for external checks:
- Anyone can add external checks upon TSC approval.
- Test owner should make sure that the test is not flaky.
- Test failures does not block merging. They only serves alerting purpose.

Re: Allowing external checks on Github PR

Ariel Weisberg

Non-binding +1

This is great!

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020, at 6:06 PM, Leiqing Cai wrote:
I'd like to propose allowing additional external checks on Github PR. Specifically, I'm looking to a test to check for Facebook integration.

Currently, Travis CI is run on each PR (shown in the screenshot below).
However, this is not enough since there are active repos depending upon the master of prestodb/presto.
Allowing adding external integration checks can help identify breakages earlier on.

Here are the rules that I propose for external checks:
- Anyone can add external checks upon TSC approval.
- Test owner should make sure that the test is not flaky.
- Test failures does not block merging. They only serves alerting purpose.

Attachments:
  • Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 2.41.18 PM.png

Re: Allowing external checks on Github PR

zluo@...

+1

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 3:29 PM Ariel Weisberg <ariel@...> wrote:
[...]

Wenlei Xie

+1

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 15:06 Leiqing Cai <caithagoras@...> wrote:
I'd like to propose allowing additional external checks on Github PR. Specifically, I'm looking to a test to check for Facebook integration.

Currently, Travis CI is run on each PR (shown in the screenshot below).
However, this is not enough since there are active repos depending upon the master of prestodb/presto.
Allowing adding external integration checks can help identify breakages earlier on.

Here are the rules that I propose for external checks:
- Anyone can add external checks upon TSC approval.
- Test owner should make sure that the test is not flaky.
- Test failures does not block merging. They only serves alerting purpose.

--

Re: Allowing external checks on Github PR

rongrong100@...

+1

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 4:02 PM <wenlei.xie@...> wrote:
+1

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 15:06 Leiqing Cai <caithagoras@...> wrote:
I'd like to propose allowing additional external checks on Github PR. Specifically, I'm looking to a test to check for Facebook integration.

Currently, Travis CI is run on each PR (shown in the screenshot below).
However, this is not enough since there are active repos depending upon the master of prestodb/presto.
Allowing adding external integration checks can help identify breakages earlier on.

Here are the rules that I propose for external checks:
- Anyone can add external checks upon TSC approval.
- Test owner should make sure that the test is not flaky.
- Test failures does not block merging. They only serves alerting purpose.

Re: Allowing external checks on Github PR

venki.korukanti@...

+1

On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:29 PM <rongrong100@...> wrote:
[...]

Swapnil Tailor

+1

Along with the rule of adding external checks, we should also be having rule around when to remove external checks.
i.e. if the checks keep failing for certain period of time and not fixed, then we should remove them.
Reason: It's good to have not have broken checks for long period of time so we won't start ignoring them if they fail long enough.

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 9:25 AM venkik via Lists.Prestodb.Io <venkik=uber.com@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks Everyone!

Agree with @Swapnil about removing consistently failing tests.

This new Facebook Integration test is now available.

Test can be triggered by force-pushing new changes, or by adding a comment: [test-facebook]

This instruction is also posted in the Slack #dev channel.

RFC: Presto Landscape

Chris Aniszczyk

Hey Presto TSC and community, we at the LF helped create a basic landscape for your ecosystem: https://landscape.prestodb.io

We tend to find these very useful in keeping track of projects, members and adopters across your ecosystem, it's modeled over the https://landscape.cncf.io and https://landscape.graphql.org if you want to see other examples, they are fairly flexible.

It's fairly easy to add new members, adopters etc, it just takes modifying a YAML file: https://github.com/prestodb/presto-landscape/blob/master/landscape.yml

It's not complete by any means but would be great to have the TSC offer input and potentially help maintain it over time :)

Enjoy!

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719

Presto Foundation June TSC Meeting Cancelled

Gale McCommons <gmccommons@...>

Hi All,

The June meeting of the Presto Foundation Technical Steering Committee will be cancelled as there are no agenda items for this month's meeting.

Thank you
Gale

About support for Presto UI with IE

Wenning Ding

Dear community,

Does Presto community have any plan to support Presto UI with Internet Explorer?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Wenning
06/01