Date   

Re: Updates to CONTRIBUTING.md

Ariel Weisberg
 

Hi,

Thanks for working on this. 

Ariel

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019, at 9:38 PM, Brian Warner wrote:
Presto TSC,

I wanted to let you know that I'm about to submit PRs to update the CONTRIBUTING.md file in the following repos:
  • benchto
  • docker-images
  • f8-2019-demo
  • presto
  • presto-go-client
  • presto-hadoop-apache2
  • presto-maven-plugin
  • presto-pinot-driver
  • presto-python-client
  • presto-spark-core
  • prestodb
  • RPresto
  • testing-mysql-server
In each case, the change will remove the reference to the Facebook CLA, and replace it with instructions relevant to the CLA tool used by Presto Foundation.

During the last meeting, we discussed having a default CONTRIBUTING.md file in the prestodb/.github repo.  This is a temporary measure until we define the contents of that file.  At that point, maintainers can make the call whether to keep a separate CONTRIBUTING.md file in a repo, or to remove the local version and use the default.

I'll be pushing branches and submitting PRs shortly.  If you have any questions, please let me know.

Best,
Brian

--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171


Presto Dev Dashboard

Chris Aniszczyk
 

Hey all, the LF has put together a dev dashboard for Presto that we use across other Linux Foundation projects (e.g., Kubernetes).


Feel free to play around and if you have any questions, reach out.

--
Chris Aniszczyk (@cra) | +1-512-961-6719


TSC meetings on Dec 17 (today) and Dec 31 are canceled

Nezih Yigitbasi
 

Hey folks,
As we are approaching the holidays we just canceled the Dec 17 (today) and Dec 31 instances of the TSC meetings. We will continue with our regular meeting cadence in 2020.

Happy holidays!
Nezih


TSC meeting on Jan 28

Nezih Yigitbasi
 

Hey everyone,
After a long break we have our first TSC meeting of 2020 next Tue (Jan 28). We already have two agenda items to discuss. Please feel free to add anything you want to discuss to the agenda.

Thanks!
Nezih


Re: TSC meeting on Jan 28

zluo@...
 


Hi Nezih,

Shall we discuss general backporting policies, especially backport from PrestoSQL? Specifically, if the original author does not sign CLA, what shall we do for backporting?

Thanks,
Zhenxiao

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 12:07 PM <nezihy@...> wrote:
Hey everyone,
After a long break we have our first TSC meeting of 2020 next Tue (Jan 28). We already have two agenda items to discuss. Please feel free to add anything you want to discuss to the agenda.

Thanks!
Nezih


Re: TSC meeting on Jan 28

Wenlei Xie
 

Hi Zhenxiao,

> Specifically, if the original author does not sign CLA, what shall we do for backporting?

I just left a comment in https://github.com/prestodb/presto/pull/14006#pullrequestreview-348162425 . The one who backport the commit (who signed the CLA) should becomes the author, and leave the original author (who didn't sign CLA) as co-author.

Thank you so much for the contribution!

Best,
Wenlei

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 10:58 AM zluo via Lists.Prestodb.Io <zluo=twitter.com@...> wrote:

Hi Nezih,

Shall we discuss general backporting policies, especially backport from PrestoSQL? Specifically, if the original author does not sign CLA, what shall we do for backporting?

Thanks,
Zhenxiao

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 12:07 PM <nezihy@...> wrote:
Hey everyone,
After a long break we have our first TSC meeting of 2020 next Tue (Jan 28). We already have two agenda items to discuss. Please feel free to add anything you want to discuss to the agenda.

Thanks!
Nezih



--
Best Regards,
Wenlei Xie (谢文磊)

Email: wenlei.xie@...


Re: TSC meeting on Jan 28

Nezih Yigitbasi
 

Zhenxiao, in general please feel free to add any agenda item that you want to bring up by creating a pull request to the tsc repo (https://github.com/prestodb/tsc).

Thanks,
Nezih


From: Wenlei Xie <wenlei.xie@...>
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 11:17 AM
To: zluo@... <zluo@...>
Cc: Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>; presto-tsc@... <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [presto-tsc] TSC meeting on Jan 28
 
Hi Zhenxiao,

> Specifically, if the original author does not sign CLA, what shall we do for backporting?

I just left a comment in https://github.com/prestodb/presto/pull/14006#pullrequestreview-348162425 . The one who backport the commit (who signed the CLA) should becomes the author, and leave the original author (who didn't sign CLA) as co-author.

Thank you so much for the contribution!

Best,
Wenlei

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 10:58 AM zluo via Lists.Prestodb.Io <zluo=twitter.com@...> wrote:

Hi Nezih,

Shall we discuss general backporting policies, especially backport from PrestoSQL? Specifically, if the original author does not sign CLA, what shall we do for backporting?

Thanks,
Zhenxiao

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 12:07 PM <nezihy@...> wrote:
Hey everyone,
After a long break we have our first TSC meeting of 2020 next Tue (Jan 28). We already have two agenda items to discuss. Please feel free to add anything you want to discuss to the agenda.

Thanks!
Nezih



--
Best Regards,
Wenlei Xie (谢文磊)

Email: wenlei.xie@...


Re: TSC meeting on Jan 28

zluo@...
 


Get it. Thank you, @Nezih Yigitbasi @wenlei.xie@... 

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 11:20 AM Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...> wrote:
Zhenxiao, in general please feel free to add any agenda item that you want to bring up by creating a pull request to the tsc repo (https://github.com/prestodb/tsc).

Thanks,
Nezih


From: Wenlei Xie <wenlei.xie@...>
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2020 11:17 AM
To: zluo@... <zluo@...>
Cc: Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>; presto-tsc@... <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [presto-tsc] TSC meeting on Jan 28
 
Hi Zhenxiao,

> Specifically, if the original author does not sign CLA, what shall we do for backporting?

I just left a comment in https://github.com/prestodb/presto/pull/14006#pullrequestreview-348162425 . The one who backport the commit (who signed the CLA) should becomes the author, and leave the original author (who didn't sign CLA) as co-author.

Thank you so much for the contribution!

Best,
Wenlei

On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 10:58 AM zluo via Lists.Prestodb.Io <zluo=twitter.com@...> wrote:

Hi Nezih,

Shall we discuss general backporting policies, especially backport from PrestoSQL? Specifically, if the original author does not sign CLA, what shall we do for backporting?

Thanks,
Zhenxiao

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020 at 12:07 PM <nezihy@...> wrote:
Hey everyone,
After a long break we have our first TSC meeting of 2020 next Tue (Jan 28). We already have two agenda items to discuss. Please feel free to add anything you want to discuss to the agenda.

Thanks!
Nezih



--
Best Regards,
Wenlei Xie (谢文磊)

Email: wenlei.xie@...


Preparation for discussion in the TSC meeting tomorrow

Brian Warner <bwarner@...>
 

Hi all,

I wanted to send out a note prior to tomorrow's TSC meeting because it looks like we'll have a lot of ground to cover on my agenda topics in particular.

I will introduce each topic thoroughly in the meeting, but if possible I'd recommend having a look through these PRs.  If you have comments, I can also attempt to address them prior to the meeting:

TSC repo: Update TSC members and policies/procedures #28
* In this PR, we've explicitly noted the TSC members, your affiliations, and your term.
* Also, the Technical Charter gives the TSC extensive freedom to set its own internal governance practices.  We've proposed a number of policies and procedures to help you get started.  If these align with your expectations, you can vote to adopt them and Nezih can land the patches.

TSC repo: Add a draft CoC (Contributor Covenant v1.4.1) #11
* Draft CoC, based upon the latest LF template
* Proposed to move to the .github repo once adopted, so that it replicates across the org

.github repo: Add initial default CONTRIBUTING.md file #1
* Add a centralized CONTRIBUTING.md file.  Removing any local CONTRIBUTING.md files in other repos across the GitHub org will cause this to appear in that repo, instead.

Best,
Brian

--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171


Nominating Leiqing as new committer (again)

rongrong100@...
 

I want to nominate Leiqing (github: caithagoras) as a committer for Presto. Leiqing has been working on Presto for more than 2 years. Recently he has become an expert in release verification and led the effort on improving verifier and release process. He also worked extensively on SQL function support.

169 commits  26,051 ++  11,892 --

I previously nominated Leiqing as a new committer in November but there were concerns from some committers. In the past few months Leiqing demonstrated good quality code reviews and gained more in-depth knowledge on core engine code through his work in SQL function. As a result, I want to nominate him again. Please cast your vote by the end of the week (2/7/2020). Thanks!

Rongrong


Re: Nominating Leiqing as new committer (again)

Maria Basmanova
 

+1

 

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "rongrong100@..." <rongrong100@...>
Date: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 8:00 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: [presto-tsc] Nominating Leiqing as new committer (again)

 

I want to nominate Leiqing (github: caithagoras) as a committer for Presto. Leiqing has been working on Presto for more than 2 years. Recently he has become an expert in release verification and led the effort on improving verifier and release process. He also worked extensively on SQL function support.

169 commits  26,051 ++  11,892 --

I previously nominated Leiqing as a new committer in November but there were concerns from some committers. In the past few months Leiqing demonstrated good quality code reviews and gained more in-depth knowledge on core engine code through his work in SQL function. As a result, I want to nominate him again. Please cast your vote by the end of the week (2/7/2020). Thanks!

Rongrong


Re: Nominating Leiqing as new committer (again)

Wenlei Xie
 

+1

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 5:00 PM <rongrong100@...> wrote:
I want to nominate Leiqing (github: caithagoras) as a committer for Presto. Leiqing has been working on Presto for more than 2 years. Recently he has become an expert in release verification and led the effort on improving verifier and release process. He also worked extensively on SQL function support.

169 commits  26,051 ++  11,892 --

I previously nominated Leiqing as a new committer in November but there were concerns from some committers. In the past few months Leiqing demonstrated good quality code reviews and gained more in-depth knowledge on core engine code through his work in SQL function. As a result, I want to nominate him again. Please cast your vote by the end of the week (2/7/2020). Thanks!

Rongrong



--
Best Regards,
Wenlei Xie (谢文磊)

Email: wenlei.xie@...


Re: Nominating Leiqing as new committer (again)

Shixuan Fan
 

+1

 

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "rongrong100@..." <rongrong100@...>
Date: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 5:00 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: [presto-tsc] Nominating Leiqing as new committer (again)

 

I want to nominate Leiqing (github: caithagoras) as a committer for Presto. Leiqing has been working on Presto for more than 2 years. Recently he has become an expert in release verification and led the effort on improving verifier and release process. He also worked extensively on SQL function support.

169 commits  26,051 ++  11,892 --

I previously nominated Leiqing as a new committer in November but there were concerns from some committers. In the past few months Leiqing demonstrated good quality code reviews and gained more in-depth knowledge on core engine code through his work in SQL function. As a result, I want to nominate him again. Please cast your vote by the end of the week (2/7/2020). Thanks!

Rongrong


Re: [Potential Spoof] Re: [presto-tsc] Nominating Leiqing as new committer (again)

jamessun@...
 

+1

 

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of Shixuan Fan <shixuan@...>
Date: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 5:07 PM
To: "rongrong100@..." <rongrong100@...>, "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: [Potential Spoof] Re: [presto-tsc] Nominating Leiqing as new committer (again)

 

+1

 

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "rongrong100@..." <rongrong100@...>
Date: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 5:00 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: [presto-tsc] Nominating Leiqing as new committer (again)

 

I want to nominate Leiqing (github: caithagoras) as a committer for Presto. Leiqing has been working on Presto for more than 2 years. Recently he has become an expert in release verification and led the effort on improving verifier and release process. He also worked extensively on SQL function support.

169 commits  26,051 ++  11,892 --

I previously nominated Leiqing as a new committer in November but there were concerns from some committers. In the past few months Leiqing demonstrated good quality code reviews and gained more in-depth knowledge on core engine code through his work in SQL function. As a result, I want to nominate him again. Please cast your vote by the end of the week (2/7/2020). Thanks!

Rongrong


Re: Nominating Leiqing as new committer (again)

zluo@...
 

+1

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 5:07 PM Shixuan Fan <shixuan@...> wrote:

+1

 

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "rongrong100@..." <rongrong100@...>
Date: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 at 5:00 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: [presto-tsc] Nominating Leiqing as new committer (again)

 

I want to nominate Leiqing (github: caithagoras) as a committer for Presto. Leiqing has been working on Presto for more than 2 years. Recently he has become an expert in release verification and led the effort on improving verifier and release process. He also worked extensively on SQL function support.

169 commits  26,051 ++  11,892 --

I previously nominated Leiqing as a new committer in November but there were concerns from some committers. In the past few months Leiqing demonstrated good quality code reviews and gained more in-depth knowledge on core engine code through his work in SQL function. As a result, I want to nominate him again. Please cast your vote by the end of the week (2/7/2020). Thanks!

Rongrong


TSC Cap Proposal

Nezih Yigitbasi
 

Hey everyone,
In our last TSC meeting the idea of capping the TSC came up. After talking with various TSC members most of the folks think that there is value in capping the TSC size. With that we have a proposal for capping the TSC size to 15: https://github.com/prestodb/tsc/pull/33

Since this is a proposal for a change in the TSC charter the TSC needs to vote on this change. Per our charter (https://github.com/prestodb/tsc/blob/master/CHARTER.md) each represented company in the TSC can have one vote to cast. Please respond with +1/-1.

Thanks!
Nezih


Re: [Potential Spoof] [presto-tsc] TSC Cap Proposal

Maria Basmanova
 

+1

 

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "nezihy@..." <nezihy@...>
Date: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 1:37 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: [Potential Spoof] [presto-tsc] TSC Cap Proposal

 

Hey everyone,
In our last TSC meeting the idea of capping the TSC came up. After talking with various TSC members most of the folks think that there is value in capping the TSC size. With that we have a proposal for capping the TSC size to 15: https://github.com/prestodb/tsc/pull/33

Since this is a proposal for a change in the TSC charter the TSC needs to vote on this change. Per our charter (https://github.com/prestodb/tsc/blob/master/CHARTER.md) each represented company in the TSC can have one vote to cast. Please respond with +1/-1.

Thanks!
Nezih


Renaming presto-tsc to presto-dev

Brian Warner <bwarner@...>
 

Hi all,

In the most recent TSC meeting we discussed renaming this list to "presto-dev".  If you have any concerns with this, please let me know.  Otherwise, I will rename the list on the backend and update references to it.  This will change the lists' address from presto-tsc@... to presto-dev@...

Best,
Brian

--

Brian Warner
The Linux Foundation
+1 724 301-6171


Re: [Potential Spoof] [presto-tsc] TSC Cap Proposal

zluo@...
 

+1

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 10:54 AM Maria Basmanova <mbasmanova@...> wrote:

+1

 

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "nezihy@..." <nezihy@...>
Date: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 1:37 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: [Potential Spoof] [presto-tsc] TSC Cap Proposal

 

Hey everyone,
In our last TSC meeting the idea of capping the TSC came up. After talking with various TSC members most of the folks think that there is value in capping the TSC size. With that we have a proposal for capping the TSC size to 15: https://github.com/prestodb/tsc/pull/33

Since this is a proposal for a change in the TSC charter the TSC needs to vote on this change. Per our charter (https://github.com/prestodb/tsc/blob/master/CHARTER.md) each represented company in the TSC can have one vote to cast. Please respond with +1/-1.

Thanks!
Nezih


Re: [Potential Spoof] [presto-tsc] TSC Cap Proposal

Nezih Yigitbasi
 

Thanks folks. With two +1s from the TSC we can proceed with this change.

Nezih


From: presto-tsc@... <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of zluo via Lists.Prestodb.Io <zluo=twitter.com@...>
Sent: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 11:06 AM
To: Masha Basmanova <mbasmanova@...>
Cc: presto-tsc@... <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [Potential Spoof] [presto-tsc] TSC Cap Proposal
 
+1

On Wed, Feb 5, 2020 at 10:54 AM Maria Basmanova <mbasmanova@...> wrote:

+1

 

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "nezihy@..." <nezihy@...>
Date: Wednesday, February 5, 2020 at 1:37 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: [Potential Spoof] [presto-tsc] TSC Cap Proposal

 

Hey everyone,
In our last TSC meeting the idea of capping the TSC came up. After talking with various TSC members most of the folks think that there is value in capping the TSC size. With that we have a proposal for capping the TSC size to 15: https://github.com/prestodb/tsc/pull/33

Since this is a proposal for a change in the TSC charter the TSC needs to vote on this change. Per our charter (https://github.com/prestodb/tsc/blob/master/CHARTER.md) each represented company in the TSC can have one vote to cast. Please respond with +1/-1.

Thanks!
Nezih

21 - 40 of 300