Re: Github Status Checks

zluo@...

+1

On Thu, May 6, 2021 at 11:27 AM James (Mingming) Xu via lists.prestodb.io <mingming.xumm=antfin.com@...> wrote:

From:Tim Meehan via lists.prestodb.io <tdm=fb.com@...>
Sent At:2021 May 5 (Wed.) 08:52
Subject:[presto-tsc] Github Status Checks

Hello,

As mentioned in the TSC meeting today, I’d like to enable the Github status checks requirement to the master branch, which means status checks must pass before a PR can be merged.  This is to prevent accidental merge of a failing test into the master branch, or to prevent known failing tests from affecting other PRs.  If there’s unrelated flaky tests, then the idea is we should fix these tests or mark them as disabled.

Documentation on Github status checks are here: https://docs.github.com/en/github/administering-a-repository/about-protected-branches#require-status-checks-before-merging

Please give this a +1 if you agree that code should not be merged with known test failures.

Thanks

Tim

Join presto-dev@lists.prestodb.io to automatically receive all group messages.