Re: Adding doc requirement to commit guidelines

rschlussel@...

Thanks everyone for your responses. I’ve updated the Review and Commit guidelines to reflect the documentation requirement.  Bin - I think if the PR is large, it’s still best to include the documentation as a separate commit in the same PR, but if it’s in a linked PR that’s not the end of the world.

From: Bin Fan <binfan@...>
Date: Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 2:10 PM
To: Rebecca Schlussel <rschlussel@...>
Cc: presto-tsc@... <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [presto-tsc] Adding doc requirement to commit guidelines

Agree.

If the original PR in src code is already large, perhaps we shall allow another separate doc PR linked in the first PR?

- Bin

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 9:14 AM rschlussel via lists.prestodb.io <rschlussel=fb.com@...> wrote:

Hi everyone,

It’s come up a few times recently where new functions have been added without documentation, which makes them not very usable.  Since it’s much easier to ensure that documentation gets written if it’s done when the feature is added, I’d like to propose an update to our commit guidelines to say that new functions, language features, etc. need to have documentation included as part of the PR, and we don’t merge without that documentation.

What do others think?

Rebecca

--

Join presto-dev@lists.prestodb.io to automatically receive all group messages.