Re: Adding doc requirement to commit guidelines

zluo@...

+1

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 10:44 AM Maria Basmanova via lists.prestodb.io <mbasmanova=fb.com@...> wrote:

Makes sense to me too.

-Masha

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of Ariel Weisberg <ariel@...>
Date: Thursday, March 4, 2021 at 12:18 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [presto-tsc] Adding doc requirement to commit guidelines

Hi,

Agree. It's an implicit requirement IMO, but I see people (sometimes me) forgetting it at both contribution and review time.

Ariel

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021, at 12:14 PM, rschlussel via lists.prestodb.io wrote:

Hi everyone,

It’s come up a few times recently where new functions have been added without documentation, which makes them not very usable.  Since it’s much easier to ensure that documentation gets written if it’s done when the feature is added, I’d like to propose an update to our commit guidelines to say that new functions, language features, etc. need to have documentation included as part of the PR, and we don’t merge without that documentation.

What do others think?

Rebecca

Join presto-dev@lists.prestodb.io to automatically receive all group messages.