Re: Nominating Ying Su as new committer

zluo@...

+1

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 7:07 AM Shixuan Fan via lists.prestodb.io <shixuan=fb.com@...> wrote:

+1

I feel this is long overdue :D

presto-tsc@... <presto-tsc@...>

Date: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 at 11:33 AM

To: presto-tsc@... <presto-tsc@...>

Subject: [presto-tsc] Nominating Ying Su as new committer

Dear TSC members,

I would like to nominate Ying Su as a committer. Ying has been working on Presto for almost 3 years. She had contributed 200 commits with 20K+ lines of code.

She primarily worked on execution and performance optimization. Some of her highlights are:

  • Optimize repartition, which brought 2-3x CPU reduction on PartitionedOutputOperator (Blog Post)

    and 6x memory reduction.

  • Optimize Unnest, which brought up to 20x CPU reduction on UnnestOperator in Facebook workload (Blog Post)

  • Scan optimizations that brought additional 3 -17% efficiency through vectorization and batch processing on top of Aria Scan optimizations.

  • Many performance improvements in projection, map / array functions, etc.

  • Many memory / GC fixes, etc

In addition to her contribution, she also provided valuable feedbacks on others’ work related to execution / performance improvements. I think it’s safe to say that Presto would not be as good without her contributions.

Per the TSC charter "A Contributor may become a Committer by a majority approval of the existing Committers.", therefore, each TSC member has one vote to cast. Please reply with +1/-1 if you approve/disapprove onboarding Ying

as a committer.

Join presto-dev@lists.prestodb.io to automatically receive all group messages.