- Nominating Ying Su as new committer
Re: Nominating Ying Su as new committer
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
+1 for the nomination.
Thanks for the great work!
Dear TSC members,
I would like to nominate Ying Su as a committer. Ying has been working on Presto for almost 3 years. She had contributed 200 commits with 20K+ lines of code.
She primarily worked on execution and performance optimization. Some of her highlights are:
- Optimize repartition, which brought 2-3x CPU reduction on PartitionedOutputOperator (Blog Post) and 6x memory reduction.
- Optimize Unnest, which brought up to 20x CPU reduction on UnnestOperator in Facebook workload (Blog Post)
- Scan optimizations that brought additional 3 -17% efficiency through vectorization and batch processing on top of Aria Scan optimizations.
- Many performance improvements in projection, map / array functions, etc.
- Many memory / GC fixes, etc
In addition to her contribution, she also provided valuable feedbacks on others’ work related to execution / performance improvements. I think it’s safe to say that Presto would not be as good without her contributions.
Per the TSC charter "A Contributor may become a Committer by a majority approval of the existing Committers.", therefore, each TSC member has one vote to cast. Please reply with +1/-1 if you approve/disapprove onboarding Ying as a committer.
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.