- Nominating Venki Korukanti as a Committer
Re: Nominating Venki Korukanti as a Committer
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
After scanning through Venki’s commits and issues I am supportive.
From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "wenlei.xie@..." <wenlei.xie@...>
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 5:00 PM
To: Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>
Cc: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [presto-tsc] Nominating Venki Korukanti as a Committer
On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 10:26 AM nezihy via
Venki (GitHub handle: vkorukanti) has been contributing to the PrestoDB community as a probationary committer since Feb. Here is a highlight of his contributions:
- Commits: 31 commits 8,778 ++ 802 --
- Major features
- vectorized parquet reader
- nested column project and filter pushdown for Parquet (in collaboration with Zhenxiao @ Twitter)
- Bug fixes in various areas: planning, execution, and subfield pushdown
- code reviews and helping users with Parquet/Hive related issues
- Presto meetup talk (Oct 17, 2019)
- Encouraging and providing guidance to Uber Presto/Data team members to contribute to PrestoDB and helps the community grow
Per the TSC charter "A Contributor may become a Committer by a majority approval of the existing Committers.", therefore, each TSC member has one vote to cast. Please reply with +1/-1 if you approve/disapprove onboarding Venki as a committer.
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.