Re: Nominating Venki Korukanti as a Committer

jamessun@...

Just realized I got the wrong person. Re-checked the Venki’s PRs. I’m supportive.

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "jamessun via lists.prestodb.io" <jamessun=fb.com@...>
Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 at 11:20 AM
To: "zluo@..." <zluo@...>, Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>
Cc: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [presto-tsc] Nominating Venki Korukanti as a Committer

Personally, I would love to observe at least another larger PR to show Venki is ready for committership. The major reason behind is due to the design on https://github.com/prestodb/presto/pull/14834 and https://github.com/prestodb/presto/pull/15140. These two PRs to me feel a bit more design flaws.

Thanks

James

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "zluo via lists.prestodb.io" <zluo=twitter.com@...>
Date: Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 12:00 AM
To: Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>
Cc: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

+1

On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 10:26 AM nezihy via lists.prestodb.io <nezihy=fb.com@...> wrote:

Hey everyone,

Venki (GitHub handle: vkorukanti) has been contributing to the PrestoDB community as a probationary committer since Feb. Here is a highlight of his contributions:

- Commits:  31 commits  8,778 ++  802 --
- Major features
        - vectorized parquet reader
        - nested column project and filter pushdown for Parquet (in collaboration with Zhenxiao @ Twitter)
- Bug fixes in various areas: planning, execution, and subfield pushdown
- Community
        - code reviews and helping users with Parquet/Hive related issues
        - Presto meetup talk (Oct 17, 2019)
        - Encouraging and providing guidance to Uber Presto/Data team members to contribute to PrestoDB and helps the community grow

Per the TSC charter "A Contributor may become a Committer by a majority approval of the existing Committers.", therefore, each TSC member has one vote to cast. Please reply with +1/-1 if you approve/disapprove onboarding Venki as a committer.

Thanks!
Nezih

Join presto-dev@lists.prestodb.io to automatically receive all group messages.