- Nominating Venki Korukanti as a Committer
Re: Nominating Venki Korukanti as a Committer
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Personally, I would love to observe at least another larger PR to show Venki is ready for committership. The major reason behind is due to the design on
https://github.com/prestodb/presto/pull/15140. These two PRs to me feel a bit more design flaws.
From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "zluo via lists.prestodb.io" <zluo=twitter.com@...>
Reply-To: "zluo@..." <zluo@...>
Date: Saturday, September 26, 2020 at 12:00 AM
To: Nezih Yigitbasi <nezihy@...>
Cc: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: Re: [presto-tsc] Nominating Venki Korukanti as a Committer
On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 10:26 AM nezihy via
Venki (GitHub handle: vkorukanti) has been contributing to the PrestoDB community as a probationary committer since Feb. Here is a highlight of his contributions:
- Commits: 31 commits 8,778 ++ 802 --
- Major features
- vectorized parquet reader
- nested column project and filter pushdown for Parquet (in collaboration with Zhenxiao @ Twitter)
- Bug fixes in various areas: planning, execution, and subfield pushdown
- code reviews and helping users with Parquet/Hive related issues
- Presto meetup talk (Oct 17, 2019)
- Encouraging and providing guidance to Uber Presto/Data team members to contribute to PrestoDB and helps the community grow
Per the TSC charter "A Contributor may become a Committer by a majority approval of the existing Committers.", therefore, each TSC member has one vote to cast. Please reply with +1/-1 if you approve/disapprove onboarding Venki as a committer.
Join email@example.com to automatically receive all group messages.