Re: [Potential Spoof] Re: [presto-tsc] Nominating Leiqing as new committer

rongrong100@...

Of course committers should be able to provide high quality code reviews. Personally I found Leiqing's review on my PRs related to SQL function very valuable, even though he was not as familiar with the topic yet. Here are some example PRs:
https://github.com/prestodb/presto/pull/12743
https://github.com/prestodb/presto/pull/13384

Here's his recent review on verifier related PR, which is more in his domain of expertise:
https://github.com/prestodb/presto/pull/13661

Does this resolve your concerns?

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 1:08 PM Masha Basmanova <mbasmanova@...> wrote:

My impression was that it was a requirement that committers demonstrate solid skill in providing high quality code reviews. Do you have evidence of that for Leiqing or is this not a requirement?

-Masha

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "jamessun@..." <jamessun@...>
Date: Monday, November 18, 2019 at 4:05 PM
To: "rongrong100@..." <rongrong100@...>, "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>
Subject: [Potential Spoof] Re: [presto-tsc] Nominating Leiqing as new committer

+1 for making Leiqing as a committer. I was originally thinking making him an incubating committer as well.

From: <presto-tsc@...> on behalf of "rongrong100@..." <rongrong100@...>
Date: Monday, November 18, 2019 at 12:48 PM
To: "presto-tsc@..." <presto-tsc@...>

I want to nominate Leiqing (github: caithagoras) as a committer for Presto. Leiqing started working on Presto about 2 years ago. Recently he has become an expert in release verification and led the effort on improving verifier and release process. He has contributed 128 commits so far. Here's stats from Github:

129 commits  20,597 ++  10,766 --

Please voice your opinions and cast your vote by end of this week (Friday 11/22/19).

Join presto-dev@lists.prestodb.io to automatically receive all group messages.